- Practice reading and finding letters on the keyboard
- Practice reading in English
- Problem-solving and creative thinking activities
- National Geographic for Kids
- Readers for beginning readers
- Cool site where you can hear books read by famous people: http://www.storylineonline.net/
- Kevin Henkes' official website: http://www.kevinhenkes.com/
- Interview of poet Francisco X. Alarcón
- Sesame Street website: Sesame Street
- Wikipedia article about Yolo County
- Yolo County Page
- Cool site where you can hear books read by well-known people: http://www.storylineonline.net/
- Word-Maker Game
Language Games for 4-6th Grades
- Build a sentence game Penguins on Ice
- Word game: How many words can you form from these letters? Word Scramble
- This game is really fun, but its hard! You build words to earn points - the longer the word, the more points you earn. Kalima
- At this site you can find lots of word games to play Word games
- Word games in English http://dyn.agame.com/search.php?search=word
- Here is a fun punctuation game! Try this challenge! Log in as be.student, with the password, beamer. Punctuation Paintball!
- Here is a site with lots of different grammar games!! Everything from punctuation to verbs and adjectives! Go Grammar!!
- Here are two games to play: 1) for Nouns and Verbs 2) for all parts of speech Grammar Gorillas
- And, several more grammar games and activities... Play these: 1) Antonyms 2) Don't Get Tense! (Great practice in verb tenses) 3) Grammar Activity 1 (Know your parts of speech!) 4) Grammar Activity 2 (more parts of speech) 5) Word Meaning (Try out your vocabulary knowledge!) 6) Right sentence (Complete the sentence with the right word) http://www.pitara.com/activities/wordplay/
- Practice recognizing nouns. Is it a noun? (terms to know: proper noun, common noun, not a noun) Noun Dunk!
- And another grammar game... Clean up the beach! (sort words into verbs and nouns) Clean up your grammar!
- Here is a game that practices the meanings of suffixes and prefixes. Short Circuit
- Here is a spelling fishing game. You have to choose the right spelling to win. (looks at how the "y" changes and at doubled consonants) Fish 'Em Up!!
- Practice your apostrophes here. Apostrophes
- And for punctuation practice... Punctuation Campground